We enjoyed our visit to Mt. Vernon. The bus driver was great and very knowledgeable in explaining things to us on the trip there and on the way back through old Alexandria. Reviewed by:Rosie W.,
USA, March 2013 Read all 20 reviews » View recent photos »
"Visit George Washington's Farm" Washington D.C., District of Columbia
Lowest Price From $54.99 USD $19.99 USD
Visit George Washington's Mount Vernon estate aboard our luxury motor coach. Travel through Alexandria, Virginia to the home of America's first president. Stop at Christ Church on the way and learn the history of the church where Washington was a parishioner.
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Region:District of Columbia
Departure Point: Tour departs from Gray Line Terminal at Union Station (bus level)
Tour departs from Gray Line Terminal at Union Station (bus level)
Departure Time: 8am
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
- Spend your day exploring the home of George Washington!
- Stop at Christ Church in Alexandria, Virginia and learn about the history of this famous church attended by George Washington.
- Travel to Mount Vernon - George Washington's Estate & Gardens.
- Tour the farm where Washington and his family lived - the Mansion House Farm (admission included).
- Learn about pioneer farming at the George Washington: Pioneer Farmer exhibition.
- Walk through a four-acre demonstration farm, featuring a recreation of Washington's 16-sided treading barn.
- Stroll through four gardens showcasing heirloom plants known to have been at Mount Vernon in the late 1700s.
- Learn how Washington designed the landscape.
- See the 13 trees that stand today as the last living witnesses of Washington's lifetime.
- Bring your camera for excellent photo opportunities of Mount Vernon.
Explore the estate of America's first President and learn the history of colonial America.
Stop in Alexandria, Virginia, and learn about the history of this famous and still-active church attended by George Washington (not available during church services) (1 hour approximately).
Travel to George Washington's Estate & Gardens (1.5 hours approximately).
See the following sites:
Please Note: Due to increased security measures in and around Washington DC, Government buildings and attractions may close without prior notice. We will not be held responsible for non-entry due to closures and or time allotment.