I really enjoyed the tour. It really gave me a sense of direction and the historical applications were very interesting. I jumped on/off a few times so I noticed a variation of speakers. I was fortunate enough to have a guide named Mary on the first leg . She was most interesting, tied in history and relevance to each area.
I would recommend this tour. Reviewed by:Sally C.,
USA, January 2015 Read all 2 reviews » View recent photos »
"Explore Washington DC at your own pace on an extensive hop-on hop-off tour that encompasses 57 stops!"
Lowest Price From $48.99 USD N/A
See the sights of the Nation's Capital on our Hop-on Hop-off open-top bus tour. Explore Washington DC at your own pace on a tour that encompasses 57 stops throughout the Nation's Capital.
BONUS - Book your ticket to explore Washington DC and receive free admission to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, a USD$21.50 value!
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Region:District of Columbia
Departure Point:The tour departs from Union Station, but passengers are welcome to board at any of the 57 pickup and drop-off locations
Departs every 30 minutes (20 - 30 minutes on the Red Loop)
8:30am - 5pm
Buses do not run on July 4 or December 25
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Bus stops at 57 locations throughout Washington DC.
- Choose from a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket.
- Full audio commentary onboard.
- See the Nation's Capital at your own pace - four loops around the city allow you to see it all!
- The open-top tour bus provides unobstructed 360-degree panoramic views.
- Explore sights, attractions, museums, galleries, neighborhoods and restaurants of your interest!
- Great way to get around and make the most of your time!
- Unlimited opportunities to hop-on and hop-off at each stop.
- Enjoy the views from the open-top double-decker observation level or from the comfort of the climate-controlled lower-level cabin.
- See the White House, Washington Monument, Smithsonian, and many more sights.
This tour / activity has the following tour options. Click the "Check Availability" button to select a travel date and confirm availability for your preferred tour option.
24-hour Hop-on Hop-off Pass
- Price from USD $48.99
- Hop-on hop-off pass valid for 24 hours
- Code: 24HR
48-hour Hop-on Hop-off Pass
- Price from USD $58.99
- Hop-on hop-off pass valid for 48 hours. For travel dates Nov 1, 2015 - Feb 29, 2016, receive a FREE extra day (3 days total).
- Code: 48HR
The open top bus allows you to enjoy a full 360-degree panoramic view as you travel along the route. The flexibility of the hop-on hop-off tour allows you to enjoy Washington DC at your own pace. Choose to explore your areas of interest or to enjoy your sightseeing from the comfort of our tour bus. With four different loops to choose from, you can discover the city to its fullest.
Audio commentary about the Nation’s Capital, sights and attractions is provided throughout the tour. Stops you will see along the way include The White House, Washington Monument, Smithsonian, and many more!
Choose from a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket with unlimited opportunities to hop-on and hop-off at each stop. The tour operates 365 days per year.
The double-decker bus departs Union Station every 30 minutes giving you plenty of opportunities to explore each stop in detail. If you were to stay on the bus for the entire loop, it would take approximately 2.5 hours.